Easy Three Cheese Savoury Muffins – the emphasis here should be on easy! The recipe works really well with any savoury items you may have around. Some of our favourites Cheese and Bacon, Blue Cheese and Pear (really Nice) Cheese and Sweetcorn. Spinach and Feta. The possibilities are endless and its a great way to start the day, for morning tea or even in a lunchbox. Great to snack on too.
We served with some cream cheese instead of butter but it really is about what you feel like.
Easy Three Cheese Muffins
- 2 cups Self Raising Flour
- 1 Pinch of Salt
- 3 eggs
- Half Cup Sunflower Oil
- 1 Cup Fresh Cream or Greek Yogurt
- 2 Cups Any savoury filling Cheese, bacon etc
In a bowl sieve Flour and Salt
- In another bowl or jug whisk together the wet ingredients.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and with a spoon and combine - Be careful not to over-mix or your muffins will be tough. A few figure eights with metal spoon should do it.
- Spoon into a greased muffin tin - should make approximately 12 medium Muffins
- Bake for 20 to 25 min in oven at 350f or 180c
Muffins are a great snack. Serve with Cream Cheese, Butter or just warm from the oven. We have served with Smoked Salmon as a started and it was very well received.